Wedding Invitation Checklist
Wedding invitations are an important part of the wedding process. It is a sort of a trailer of what the wedding is going to be like. The invitations are generally based upon the theme of the wedding. They come in various shapes, colors and sizes. There are various points to be considered when you are drafting and designing the wedding invitation.
A wedding invitation checklist will help you design an ideal wedding invitation, which conveys your personal style and is elegant at the same time. The Wedding Invitation checklist should consist of the following points:
- Guest List - Make a list of guests and calculate the number of invitations you will require to order.
Order a few extra wedding invitations to give to the last-minute additions and as a keepsake for your wedding album. Deciding whom to invite for your wedding is one of the most difficult parts of planning a wedding. It is best to stick to the limited guest list. Usually, you have to invite the bride's family, the groom's family, parents, and friends. Anybody who cannot be invited to the wedding can be informed by means of an announcement in the local newspaper or an e-mail.
- Mailing - Wedding Invitations should be mailed two months before the wedding date so that the guests have enough time to make transport and accommodation arrangements.
- Save-the-Date Cards - Send save-the-date cards at least six months prior to the wedding date so that out-of-station guests have enough time to make the accommodation and transport arrangements.
- Thank-you Cards - Whether you're ordering your invitations from markets or making them by yourself, consider buying matching thank-you cards. These cards are supposed to be sent out immediately in a month or so after the wedding. It is better to address them beforehand and send them out as soon as the nuptials take place so that the guests will receive their thanks even if you are on your honeymoon. You can do this when you are addressing the invitations so that nobody is left out.
- Format - A format of the invitation changes according to the theme of the wedding and the budget of the hosts. By format we mean the shape, the size, the font of the text, the alignment of the text and the style of writing. The text that is included as an invitation draft is also considered in a format. An invitation can have quite a few pieces like the outer envelope, the invitation, a reception card, a response card and a direction card. If the social gathering is held at a different place than the ceremony, and a response card with a self-addressed, stamped wrapping with printed maps and information of hotels is given.
- Reception Card- A reception card is only given separately if the reception venue is different than the ceremony venue. Choose the color and the shape of your invitation according to the theme of your wedding. You can go for traditional wedding invitations with ivory canvas and classy font in black or you can go for a different shape such a Christmas card for a Christmas or a December wedding.
There are various types of Wedding Invitations. Some of them are as follows:
- Handmade wedding invitations
- Color-based Wedding Invitations
- Wedding reception Invitations
- Elegant wedding invitations
- Theme-based Wedding invitations
- Unique Wedding Invitations
The secret to design an attractive wedding invitation is to reflect the personal attitude and style of the people getting married. You should be very careful and do a lot of research before choosing your wedding invitation card.
Preparing a wedding invitation checklist can be an important step in designing a unique and truly personalized wedding invitation card. Do-it-yourself invitation cards are truly personal and you can change the format as you want. You can send differently formatted cards to each guest, which is truly personalized than a card ordered from the Internet vendor.
Checkout here for other wedding planning checklists.