Wedding Ceremony Checklist
Wedding ceremony planning should ideally start at least a year before the wedding date. There are various things to organize and it takes time to make everything perfect. While planning a wedding ceremony, you have to take into account the religion of the couple, the region, the legal requirements and many other things to carry out a dream wedding. The requirements change according to the faith of the marrying couple.
Preparing a wedding ceremony checklist is a must if you want everything to be perfect and flawless in your wedding ceremony. Given is the list of items that are needed at the location of the ceremony. The wedding ceremony checklist goes as follows:
- Marriage License - In most of the countries, a marriage license is essential if you want to get married and want the marriage to be legal. Countries like the United Kingdom or the United States of America do not recognize the marriage if it is performed without a marriage license.
- Officiant Fee - Whether you have a traditional wedding ceremony or a secular wedding ceremony, you need an officiant to legalize the bond. These officiants charge a definite amount to perform your wedding. The charges differ according to faith, region and the state where the couple is getting married.
- Program - Printing wedding program is optional, but having it is beneficial from the guests' point of view. They can understand the rituals and recognize the people participating in the rituals with the help of the program.
- Wedding Rings - Rings are the core of every wedding ceremony. They symbolize the never-ending love that the couple share with each other and the everlasting bond that they are being bound into.
- Signposts - The guests will need the directions and signposts toward the altar, seating arrangement and the venue of reception so that they won't need to ask anyone and be uncomfortable.
- Sound System - A DJ or a band of musicians come with a sound system, which you have to arrange well in advance. If you are marrying in the peak season, these people are overbooked and you won't get any good musician for your wedding. Book them beforehand.
- Furniture - Preparing a seating arrangement and arranging the chairs accordingly is an important task in the wedding ceremony preparation. This also includes the arrangement of tables and other logistics.
- Arrangements - An altar has to be erected above the ground level so that each and every guest will be able to see the bride and the groom as they exchange their vows and are bound for the lifetime. Usually, the altar is erected in the center of the room. The arrangements also include the aisle runner, the arch, the kneeling bench and the pedestal or pillars and the backdrop.
- Decorations - The venue has to be decorated as per the theme of the wedding and the season. The flower arrangements depend upon the season of the wedding. There are season-specific flowers, which are more economical than the popular all-season flowers. The centerpieces, wall decorations, hanging decorations and floor decorations are as important as the flower decorations and are generally done as per the theme.
- Unity Candle / Holder - Lighting of the Unity candle is a significant ritual in a traditional wedding ceremony. It symbolizes the union of the bride and the groom and their first task together as a husband and wife.
- Photographer - Select a wedding photographer according to your requirement. Ask for recommendations and references from family and friends and hire one of the three or four which are short listed.
- Videographer - A photographer can also act as a videographer or he can recommend a good one with whom he usually works. Always look for a skilled and experienced videographer.
- Parking - Make sure that the parking facility is available for the guests. It should not be too far from the venue and the guests shouldn't worry about the safety of their vehicles rather than attending the ceremony.
- Marriage Certificate - In many states, for a marriage to be considered legal, you have to obtain a marriage certificate from the local authorities immediately after you are married.
- Flower Girl Basket - If your flower girl is very small and she has the responsibility of scattering the petals, she will need a basket and a lot of practice to do everything perfectly. Make sure she gets enough practice before the ceremony.
- Boutonnières - A boutonnière is a bunch of flowers worn in the buttonhole by the groom. You need to make sure that the boutonnière matches the bridal bouquet and the overall theme of the wedding.
- Ring Pillow - A ring pillow is carried by the ring bearer. It is always a safe bait to stitch the rings to the ring pillow so that if the ring bearer is a child or a childish adult, you won't lose your precious wedding rings. Another idea is to stitch the replicas of the original rings to this pillow and handing original rings to the officiant just before he goes to the altar to announce the introduction.
- Corsages - The corsages are worn by the mothers of the bride and the groom. They are matching to the bride's dress and the theme of the wedding.
- Bouquets - The bouquets carried by the bride and the bridesmaids are in tune with the theme of the wedding. The bridesmaids' bouquets are identical to one another and the bridal bouquet is unique.
- Transportation - The couple, their attendants and their parents are transported by a limousine to the wedding venue.
Keep this wedding ceremony checklist handy and you will find that you are organized and everything is going as planned. You can modify this checklist as per your requirements.
Checkout here for other wedding planning checklists.